Wednesday 7 October 2015

A win as Black in the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit

The next lot of openings articles will focus on anti-French gambits and another revisit of the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit.  It may take a couple of weeks though as I have a lot of other stuff going on.

I had a recent game as Black where I unexpectedly faced the BDG.  I managed to win the game with the extra pawn, but as usual at club level, there were some mutual errors along the way.  I tried out the von Popiel Attack with 1.d4 d5 2.e4 dxe4 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5 about 10-11 years ago, but soon replaced 4.Bg5 with the standard 4.f3.  White does get some compensation for the pawn but less chances of a quick attack developing in my opinion.  Indeed, early in the game, I was the first to go on the attack.


No comments:

Post a Comment